Dedicated to growing the best carrots.
At Home Roots we are out to change the way people view carrots. That is why we exclusively grow only storage carrots available over the fall and winter months.
Healthy Choices Leads to Healthier Futures
From our farm to your kitchen table, this super vegetable is naturally loaded with essential vitamins and minerals.
Some of the Health Benefits of Carrots
- They are a great source of vitamin A. About ½ cup of raw carrots has 51% daily value of vitamin A. This vitamin A content actually comes from provitamin A carotenoids which help your body fight infections.
- They are great for your eyes. Studies have shown that carotenoids, an antioxidant pigment found in carrots, may decrease your risk of age-related macular degeneration.
- They can help reduce your risk of cancer.Carotenoids may help protect against prostate, colon and stomach cancer. Plus, one study noted that women who have high circulating levels of carotenoids may also have a reduced risk of breast cancer.
- They’re good for your heart. High blood cholesterol and heart disease go hand-in-hand. However, studies found that eating more carrots has been linked to lower cholesterol levels, thereby decreasing your risk for heart disease.
- They can help you lose weight. Since 1 cup of carrots only have 52 calories, they can actually help you feel fuller longer and in turn, decrease the amount of calories you eat. If you’re looking to lose weight, try adding some carrots into your food rotation